The entries are in and judging will begin very soon. Check back for news.
Every year we invite readers to enter their completed home improvement or interior decoration projects for our longstanding awards. We want to see a range of diverse and varied schemes in all kinds of period properties, large and small, and to hear their unique stories.
Entry is now closed
We want to see:
- Elegant townhouses and semis
- Cosy cottages and terraces
- Fabulous farmhouses
- Characterful conversions… barns, schools, chapels, pubs
- Intriguing listed buildings
- Extended homes
- First-time and DIY projects
- And new for this year, we’re also looking for beautiful kitchens of all shapes and sizes, extended, newly fitted or freshly decorated
The fabulous £2,300 prize
Five shortlisted homes will be photographed for our November 2017 Readers’ Homes Awards issue.
One overall winner will receive:
- £2,000 cash.
- £200 in vouchers to spend at Vanessa Arbuthnott.
- A year’s Period Living subscription for themselves and a friend, worth over £100.
Four runners-up will each receive:
- £150 in vouchers to spend at Vanessa Arbuthnott.
- A year’s Period Living subscription, worth over £50.
Video: See last year’s overall winner
First-time renovators Katie Thompson and Lee Anderson transformed their pretty two-bedroom cottage in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, on a tight budget. The judges loved the home’s welcoming interiors filled with light and style. Read more about last year’s winning home
Our guest judge
Period Living is delighted to welcome textile designer Vanessa Arbuthnott to join the judging panel for the third successive year.
‘I’m really pleased to be involved in judging the awards entries again,’ says Vanessa. ‘It’s always so inspiring to see the great ideas people come up with for their homes, and I look forward to seeing the winning entries and reading about their renovations in the magazine later in the year.’
Meet our sponsor
Sponsoring the Readers’ Homes Awards this year is Victorian Plumbing, a leading retailer of bathrooms online. With a wide range of traditional and modern bathroom products in the company’s online store and in its Merseyside showroom, there’s a look to suit every style of home and bathroom.